To provide a learning environment for a community of acoustic music oriented youth and adults ages 12 and up. This is achieved through weekend instructional and jam camps plus the occasional one-day events.
To appeal to a wide variety of skill levels and instrument types. Musical styles include but are not limited to; folk, swing, blues, celtic, bluegrass, country, old timey, roots and traditional.
What We Offer
- Instrument specific classes for acoustic instruments.
- Ensemble classes focusing on specific musical genres, styles or topics and typically involve a range of acoustic instrumentation.
- Workshops (by instructors or more advanced registrants) that provide “sampler” length instruction on a wide variety of topics and instruments.
- Facilitated and non-facilitated jams, ranging in skill level from beginner to advanced, to experience playing with others.
- A friendly and supportive atmosphere in which to learn and enjoy.
Board of Directors
FAMI is run by a volunteer Board of Directors who are assisted by a large group of dedicated volunteers and instructors who help ensure our events run smoothly. The current members along with their positions, are:
Brad Wamboldt ~ President
Suzi Martin ~ Vice President
Mike Crampton ~ Treasurer
Peter May ~ Secretary
Cathy Checora ~ Registrar
Barry Corbett ~ Member at Large
Murray Little ~ Member at Large
Paula Morris ~ Member at Large
Audrey Oppenlander ~ Member at Large
Dianne Quinton ~ Member at Large
Mitch Savard ~ Member at Large
Randy Sawatzky ~ Member at Large